First of all we are very happy to announce that our website has undergone a major redesign!
It’s clearer, easier to navigate and we’ve merged APISpark.com and APISpark.org so you can find everything on the same site!
Concerning the platform itself, a great deal of work has gone towards stabilizing the console.
Since last release in December, there have been numerous bug fixes (more than 100) in addition to several enhancements to keep our beta testers buzzing! Below is a detailed summary:
- API firewall (preview)
- introduced IP addresses filtering with white & black lists
- default CORS support to allow cross origin browser access
- coming next: rate limitation
- GitHub wrapper (preview)
- provides a File Store wrapper backed by GitHub repositories
- coming next: subfolders, account pairing and branch selection
- Entity Store browser
- auto-generated fields are hidden at creation and update time
- 1-1 and 1-n cardinalities are supported for both primitive properties and properties referencing other entities
- bug fixes for default values, duplicate properties and date entry (MM/dd/yyyy format enforced)
- Error pages:
- more explicit messages displayed
- redirection after re-authentication in case of session expiration
- Domain selection:
- clearer error message in case of unavailability or forbidden characters
- Entity Store:
- added min/max values, auto-generated and nullable properties
- default primary key was renamed to “id” (was “_id” before)
- new auto-generated properties (creator, lastUpdated, created)
- properties constraints now enforced at insertion and update time
- Web API:
- fixed date entry issue (MM/dd/yyyy format enforced)
- improved properties ordering for representation samples
Thank you to all our beta testers who have taken the time to give us feedback and who have supported us from the start. We hope you enjoy this new version of APISpark. Let us know what you think by sending us an email or by using the Help Desk.
APISpark 2.1 sneak peek?
For the next release, the console will be following in the footsteps of the web site start getting a complete makeover. Stay tuned!
Stay in Touch: